Institute for Studies on Agriculture And Rural Development (ISARD) Dharwad was established on 30th March 1981 under the able guidance and enlightened leadership of late Dr. H.R.Arakeri, the former Director of Agriculture, Government of Karnataka, former Vice-Chancellor of UAS Bangalore and former member, National Commission on Agriculture, Government of India.
The Institute is engaged in promoting sustainable agriculture. ISARD functions in close collaboration with the State Department of Agriculture, Government of Karnataka and the University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
1. To undertake studies on the problems stalling agriculture and rural development in the country.
2. To promote research, teaching and extension activities in agriculture and allied sciences.
3. To organize training courses, seminars, symposia, group discussions, conferences etc., on topics of interest in agriculture and rural development.
4. To provide facilities to post graduate students, research scholars and scientists to undertake studies on agriculture and rural development.
5. To undertake publication of journals, books, bulletins, leaflets etc., on agriculture and rural development.
6. To build a reference library on agriculture and rural development.
|NAME OF THE ORGANIZATION|
AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (ISARD) DHARWAD
|Address|| Near Office of the Joint Director of Agriculture, |
Belgaum Road, Dharwad-580 008
|Executive Director||Dr. B. S. JANAGOUDAR|
|No. Full-time staff||4|
|Three Largest Donors|| Karnatka State Agriculture Department|
World Neighbour Institute
Command Area Development Authority (M&G) Belgaum
|Telephone No.||0836- 2748397 Mobile .No.: 9663560337|
|Foreign Contribution Regulation Act Number||094520022|
|Income Tax Exemption under 80G No.||F.NO.118/185/CIT-HBL/2007-08|
|Reg. Number||225/1981 dtd 30th march 1981 Renewed every year.|
|UNIQUE ID No of NGO||KA/2010/0026153|
|Associate Life Members||252|